NJPW star Kazuchika Okada is interested in a dream match against WWE legend and Hollywood star Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.
Okada made an appearance during a recent event promoting the release of the Japanese dub of DC Studios’ Black Adam movie.
The Rock notably stars as the film’s titular character, an antihero with superhuman abilities.
During the event, Okada made it clear that he’d be interested in a potential showdown against The Rock (and Black Adam).
The popular star noted:
“It looks like he can fight. He looks like he can do it (Okada joked about the Black Adam figure).
“I think we can have a match.
“Well, as a fellow pro wrestler, I’d like to have a match with him (The Rock).
Okada is one of NJPW’s top stars, notably holding the previous version of the company’s top title, the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, for 720 days between 2016 and 2018.
After winning the G1 Climax tournament for the second year in a row in August, Okada is set to challenge for Jay White’s IWGP World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 17 on January 4, 2023.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Replacement Named For WWE Championship Match Changed Due To Medical Issue
- Triple H’s Next WWE Signing Revealed?
- NXT Star Praised For Making ‘Unprecedented’ Progress
- More Main Roster Debuts At WWE Taping
- The Bloodline Pay Tribute To Umaga On WWE Raw
- Championship Match Cancelled Due To Top WWE Star Medical Issue
- Top AEW Star Announced For December 7 Dynamite
- Find Out When Tony Khan Will Publicly Address William Regal Status
- WWE Teases Two Epic Future Feuds On Raw
- WWE Star Returns To Raw For Vengeance