AEW World Champion Kenny Omega has discussed recent WWE defections, noting that he wants to face Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
Speaking with Tokyo Sports, Omega predicted that there will be more ex-WWE talents stepping into an AEW ring in the future. Stating that he’d love a match with Roman Reigns to determine the “real World Champion”, Omega said:
“There will definitely be a lot more of them coming over in the future. I feel that about 90% of the wrestlers in WWE would want to jump over to AEW,”
(When asked if there’s any WWE stars he wants to see make the jump to AEW) “There’s been quite a few already, so I’m not lacking in opponents. I don’t exactly have anyone I have in mind but….if I must say i’d love to go against (the current WWE Universal Champion) Roman Reigns. It would be a great opportunity to show who’s the real World Champion.”
On tonight’s AEW Dynamite Grand Slam show, Omega will go one-on-one with former WWE Champion Bryan Danielson. The former Leader of the “Yes” Movement recently explained why he will not be using his iconic chant in AEW.
Danielson has also noted that he believes the next three years will be his last as a full-time wrestler.
Translation via Hige Channel.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- WWE Clash At The Castle To Do Largest Non-WrestleMania Gate In Pro-Wrestling History