Kofi Kingston has credited a former WWE star for the Royal Rumble elimination escape spot that many look forward too each year.
Over the years Kingston has found some pretty innovative ways to avoid elimination in the Rumble, from walking back to the ring on his hands, to jumping back on a chair like a pogo stick.
Speaking on WWE After The Bell, Kingston noted that John Morrison inspired him to attempt these spots.
“I always got to give credit to John Morrison because he was one who did it first when he got knocked off the apron and Spider Man’d down to the barricade and jumped in.
“Then everyone’s like, ‘Well, that was crazy. That was awesome.’ The next year, he wasn’t with the company anymore.
“So I was like, ‘Oh, let me go ahead.’ Every year, it’s been just an honor to do something that the people look forward to because I think that at the crux of our industry and being successful in our industry, you really are just trying to find a way to stand out.”
Kingston unfortunately botched his escape spot in the 2022 Royal Rumble match, with Kingston trying to cling onto the barricade, but his feet touched the floor in full view of the camera.
The 2023 Royal Rumble event will emanate from the Alamodome in Texas on January 28.
Check out the announced lineup for the show right here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status