A WWE Hall of Famer has explained why he wanted to work with Rob Van Dam as much as he wanted to wrestle Bret Hart.
Throughout their careers, Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam have competed in-ring with one another many times in the past, but the two WWE Hall of Famers have never worked an extended program where they are their each other’s focus.
On the latest episode of the Kurt Angle Show, the Olympic Gold Medalist discussed Rob Van Dam. In regards to why he didn’t pitch a program between himself and RVD during their time together in WWE ECW, Angle said:
“At this point in time, I wasn’t really speaking up. I wasn’t really happy with myself in the company and at this point in time, I really wanted to get out of the company, and that was my objective, to be honest with you.”
Angle continued on to discuss the two legends’ times in TNA, saying:
“I think it was as big as when I came in. Knowing Rob was coming in, a former WWE and ECW Champion, a huge star in the business, I was pretty excited about that.”
“It wasn’t that I was carrying the company on my back because we had great wrestlers, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, all those people, but I felt like the company was mine to make it bigger than it was. Having Rob there really helped me out a bit.”
Expressing his disappointment over never working a program with Van Dam, Angle stated:
“Unfortunately, we never had a program, never happened, never occurred. He’s one of the guys I would love to have a program with.”
“I mean, I’d actually have loved to wrestle Rob, to have a program with Rob, as much as I did with Bret Hart.”
Transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- WWE Hall Of Famer’s Daughter Slams WWE Star’s New Look
- Top Star Says AEW Talent Was ‘Very Good’ During Forgotten WWE Run
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced