Cody Rhodes made his first appearance on an episode of Raw in nearly six years last week, when he opened the show to cut a triumphant return promo.
Interestingly, while having Cody opened the show made perfect sense given his return on WrestleMania Saturday, it wasn’t the original plan.
According to a new report from Fightful Select, Cody was originally supposed to be the last thing on the card, with this being the plan right until the last minute. Instead, Roman Reigns closed the show to celebrate being the new undisputed champion after defeating Brock Lesnar on WrestleMania Sunday.
However, as we previously mentioned, Cody opened the show, and it doesn’t appear to be exactly clear why.
What we do know is that Rhodes will be in action on Raw tonight for the first time since May 2016 when he takes on the Miz. Whether this is just an exhibition match, or whether Cody and the Miz are starting a feud is not currently clear, but if we hear any more information, we will of course let you know.
Cody Rhodes has a 100% record in WWE in 2022. You can check out all the win/loss records right here on our tracker.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw