The court proceedings between Jeff Jarrett and Anthem Sports Entertainment are reportedly to be concluded due to a new settlement.
As per PWInsider, a motion was filed on January 8 before the U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee (Nashville). The motion was as follows:
“Plaintiffs Global Force Entertainment, Inc. and Jeffrey Jarrett and Defendant Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC (each a “Party” and collectively “Parties) have agreed to a settlement in this case.
Based on the settlement, the Parties respectfully request the Court administratively close the case so as to retain jurisdiction over this case and the Parties until such time as all terms of the settlement have been met.
If the terms of the settlement are met, and unless any Party objects, they will submit a joint request for dismissal of the claims and counterclaims in the case by no later than October 1, 2022.”
Jarrett and GWE – which is the parent company for Global Force Entertainment – hit Anthem Sports Entertainment with the lawsuit in 2018 concerning the usage of GFW Amped content.
In July 2020, it was reported that United States District Court Judge Waverly D. Crenshaw, Jr. officially declared a mistrial after Anthem filed for one, alleging that Jarrett’s attorney had prejudiced the jury.
PWInsider reported that Jarrett’s request for a new trial was denied by Judge Crenshaw Jr. The court was pushing for the two sides to come together and agree on a settlement, which Jarrett and Anthem seem to have done.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any further updates on the trial.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features