In one of the surprise results of Dominion last weekend, Michael Elgin captured the NEVER Openwright Championship, defeating Hirooki Goto and Taichi.
Unfortunately for Elgin, his title reign lasted for exactly one week.
On night two of NJPW’s Kizuna Road show, former champion Goto invoked his rematch clause in a one-on-one match with Elgin, and won the title for the third time in his career.
In what was a brutal affair, Goto eventually picked up the win after hitting a GTR, but the new champion didn’t have long to celebrate.
Jeff Cobb, or Monster Matanza in Lucha Underground, made his NJPW debut, coming to the ring to challenge Goto for his title.
— LARIATOOOO!! (@MrLARIATO) June 17, 2018
- kizuna road
- jeff cobb
- NJPW Dominion
- NEVER Openweight
- title change
- Michael Elgin
- Hirooki Goto
- LIVE UPDATES: Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- New Member Of Don Callis Family Revealed At AEW Dynamite Grand Slam