One face we know we won’t be seeing on AEW Dynamite this week is Jake “The Snake” Roberts. He announced on his Twitter earlier today that he would be missing the show due to illness.
However, he did make sure to note that the illness he is dealing with is not COVID-19. That is a relief, at least. Here is the tweet:
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to appear tonight due to illness (not COVID). These days we all have to be on point. Looking forward to seeing everyone in two weeks. In the meantime, keep an eye on Lance for me on #AEWDynamite LIVE TONIGHT 8/7c on TNT pic.twitter.com/sDqszxviDQ
— JakeSnakeDDT (@JakeSnakeDDT) December 16, 2020
“Unfortunately, I won’t be able to appear tonight due to illness (not COVID). These days we all have to be on point. Looking forward to seeing everyone in two weeks. In the meantime, keep an eye on Lance for me on #AEWDynamite”
Jake Roberts has been in AEW since March when he arrived with Lance Archer. Since then, he has managed Archer to TNT Championship and AEW World Championship matches, although Archer has been unsuccessful in both.
More recently, Archer and Roberts have entered into a rivalry with Eddie Kingston. There are many moving pieces in the rivalry as PAC and the Lucha Brothers are also currently feuding with Kingston.
It was not revealed whether or not we will see Archer on tonight’s show without Roberts.
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Sasha Banks Drops Latest Major Wrestling Return Tease
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- MJF Files New Trademark Relating To Infamous WWE Term
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Tony Khan Responds To Criticism Of AEW’s Introduction Of New Wrestlers