According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider, there was a lot of talk backstage at WWE television this week about the long-mooted relaunch of the WWE Network.
Talk has been doing the rounds for around two years about the Network changing its pricing plan to a tiered structure in an attempt to generate more revenue from the existing WWE fan base.
That would make sense, as WWE’s recent television and Network have shown that the promotion is struggling to create new fans at the moment.
The EVOLVE show that aired on the WWE Network last week was the first non-WWE show to air live on the service and it is not expected to be the last.
Although the show airing was designed to go head-to-head with AEW to reduce its audience, it also served as a test run of sorts for future shows from WWE partners airing on the service.
WWE officials were said to be very happy with the EVOLVE show and how it performed on the Network, opening the door for similar events from the promotion and the likes of PROGRESS, ICW and wXw in the near future.
Johnson states that WWE has been working behind the scenes on developing a new version of the Network for some time, having moved the service’s infrastructure from BamTach to Endeavor Streaming at the start of the year.
He notes that the tiered version of the Network will be coming “much sooner than later”.
There is even a chance that WWE will announce changes to the Network tomorrow as a counter to the subscription service’s stagnant numbers.
- Jinder Mahal Shares Honest Thoughts On Tony Khan WWE Booking Comments
- Top International Star Reportedly Joining WWE
- AEW Star Reveals Why He’s No Longer Wrestling For The Company
- Former WWE Star Clarifies Status For Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- WWE Star Says He’d ‘Definitely Consider’ Going To Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Two WWE Stars Replaced In Upcoming Match
- Latest WWE Departure Revealed
- WWE Star Makes TV Return After Seven Month Absence
- Incredible Cody Rhodes Moment After WWE Raw Went Off Air Revealed
- Former AEW Star Joins WWE, Makes Shock Appearance