Japanese wrestler Maki Itoh has publicly revealed her AEW status after competing for the company since February.
Wrestling her first match for AEW during the Women’s Championship Eliminator tournament, Maki Itoh has wrestled for the company frequently over the last month.
Unfortunately for her fans, Itoh isn’t currently a permanent member of the AEW roster. Taking to Twitter to bid farewell to her US fans, Itoh explained that she’s headed back to Japan.
She revealed that she doesn’t currently have plans to return to AEW, but hopes to be back soon. She thanked the wrestlers for being kind to her during her stay.
Saying farewell in her own unique way, Itoh tweeted:
“I’m going back to Japan! I can only speak Makiglish but everyone was kind and I was very happy (smiling-crying emoji). Do you want to see me again? I’m sorry, the next schedule has not been decided. But I hope we can meet again! Thank you f**k you all (black heart and middle finger emojis).”
This statement was retweeted by the official AEW Twitter account.
Itoh lost to eventual winner Ryo Mizumani in the first round of the AEW Women’s Championship Eliminator Tournament. She was revealed to be Britt Baker’s mystery partner at AEW Revolution, defeating the team of Riho and Thunder Rosa.
Her last AEW match saw her lose to Riho during the first ever AEW Dark: Elevation main event.
- AEW Star Reacts To Real-Life Brother Winning Championship In WWE
- WWE’s Rhea Ripley Sends Emotional Message To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- Video Footage Of WWE’s Cora Jade Breaking Character Meeting CM Punk Backstage At NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed