WWE has revealed via Twitter and its website the three newest additions to the Mae Young Classic:
— Mae Young Classic (@MaeYoungClassic) August 1, 2018
The three women confirmed for the tournament are Hiroyo Matsumoto, Aerial Monroe, and Vanessa Kraven.
Hiroyo Matsumoto, the ‘Lady Destroyer,’ is a famed Japanese wrestler known for holding four titles simultaneously. She has been professionally wrestling since 2006, and proves to be a powerful force along with other Japanese stars breaking from the independent stream into WWE.
Aerial Monroe, the ‘Big Swole,’ of Clearwater, Florida, has three years of wrestling experience under her belt. She also happens to be a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, and the wife of Cedric Alexander.
The last is Vanessa Kraven. The ‘Mountain’ is a native of Montreal, Canada, and stands at a whopping 6’2″ (188 cm). Kraven is known for her 14-year experience in multiple wrestling promotions within Canada.
This year’s Mae Young Classic is the second time the tournament is occurring – the first being in 2017 with Kairi Sane pinning Shayna Baszler in the final match. The tournament begins August 8 at Full Sail University, with the final round on October 28 at the Nassau Coliseum at WWE‘s first ever all-women’s pay-per-view, Evolution.
- Mauro Ranallo To Call Mae Young Classic?
- Mae Young Classic Announces New Competitors!
- HUGE Change to SummerSlam Title Match
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Seth Rollins Discusses Current Relationship With Jon Moxley & Roman Reigns