It was reported last year that former Women’s Champion Melina had actually agreed to return to WWE, with the suggestion being that the former champion was set for a run down in NXT.
However, Melina explained to WrestleTalk in an exclusive interview that while a return to the company was discussed, she never signed a deal with WWE, with a knee injury stopping her from wrestling right now.
During the same interview, Melina also opened up about whether or not she wants to return to WWE, potentially for a Royal Rumble match, noting that she would be open to considering it:
“Of course, of course. The Rumble? Of course. You have no idea. Back when there wasn’t a female Royal Rumble, and I just put out a video last week I believe that it was my third championship win, and it was at the Rumble. That moment in time, because it’s a big deal to be a part of the Rumble, and regardless of if it was the actual Rumble (match), that pay-per-view itself, that show itself, is just incredible and it’s an honor to be a part of it. So for me to be able to have a championship match on that specific show, to me, is just as good, because who knew if the women were ever going to get a Rumble? And now to see it, it’s like, of course. Of course you wanna be a part of it. But at the same time, I would love to go back, I would love to.
“At (Legends Night), people talk, and you don’t know if they’re giving you lip service, you don’t know if they’re really considering stuff, you never know. But you go out there and you go, ‘Hey, if I interact with this person, and that’s what they had me do, are they considering me coming back as a manager? Are they considering me coming back as this?’. And even if it doesn’t (happen), I’m grateful to even just do little bits and pieces. You could always wish for more, but my track record, everything I’ve accomplished, even if people don’t ever acknowledge everything I’ve done, it’s still an honor for me. It’ll always be an honor for me.”
During the same interview, Melina also broke down into tears when asked about her relationship with WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus, which you can read more about by clicking here.
- MJF AEW Return Update, Triple H’s First NXT Call-Up, WWE 2K23 Release Date – News Bulletin – August 10, 2022
- Huge Update On Undertaker Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Weekend
- Kota Ibushi Teases AEW Run & Reunion With Kenny Omega
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Big Clue Shows Who WWE Sees As Its Biggest Stars
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Sasha Banks Removed From Notable WWE Position