WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley has revealed that he has previously contacted AEW with a pitch for Thunder Rosa.
On his ‘Foley Is Pod’ podcast, Foley recalled contacting Tony Khan with a suggestion for Rosa’s entrance theme.
Noting that he first met Khan ‘years and years ago’ Foley noted:
“I just reached out and said, ‘Hey, have you ever thought of procuring the rights of Thunderstruck for Thunder Rosa?’ This was about a year ago, just out of the blue, you know, not like ‘Hey, can I have a job.’ I just thought, man, that would be epic to get the whole crowd chanting. He thanked me for it, wished me well, and away I went. Good guy. I met Tony years and years ago. Great guy.”
Thunder Rosa is currently recognised as the official AEW Women’s Champion. She has been recovering from a back injury, last wrestling during the August 10 Dark: Elevation taping.
Toni Storm currently holds the interim AEW Women’s Title, after winning the gold at All Out in September.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Intense Dispute As WWE Star Calls Another’s Gimmick ‘Stale’ After Being Accused Of Copying Catchphrase
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- NXT Star Confronts Shawn Michaels After Vengeance Day
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”