Former Women’s Champion Mickie James has revealed that she was “feeling out” a producer role before she was released by WWE.
When tonight’s (August 28) NWA EmPowerrr event was announced, it was revealed that Mickie James would produce the event.
Speaking with Scott Fishman of TVInsider, James noted that during her last WWE run, she had been attending creative meetings to learn about producer and agent roles.
Discussing her experience with WWE creative, James said:
“I don’t know if I had a seat at the table. I was more in a position where I was able to sit in on some of those (creative) meetings and perhaps give my opinion — but it was very rare where I spoke up unless it was pertaining to me.
“I was feeling it out for a producer or agent role. I would honestly express my opinion to someone I loved and trusted, if it was something I felt like I should speak up about, but I was more in the learning phase of how it operates.”
James was released by WWE in April. The former WWE Women’s Champion had a lot to say following Bray Wyatt’s WWE departure in July.
Quote via Fightful.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament
- Veteran Announce Team To Reunite For Ric Flair’s Last Match