A new title match for WWE SummerSlam 2023 has been revealed.
At WWE Night of Champions, Asuka defeated Bianca Belair to end her reign as Raw Women’s Champion. Following the event, “The Empress of Tomorrow” was gifted the WWE Women’s Championship.
Since then, Asuka has had to vie with both Belair and Charlotte Flair challenging for her title over the past few months.
On July 21, WWE announced on Twitter that Asuka will defend the WWE Women’s Championship in a triple threat match against Charlotte Flair and Bianca Belair at SummerSlam on August 5.
This will mark Asuka’s third defense of the title since winning the gold in May.
This bout joins the lineup for SummerSlam that also includes Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar and Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor for the World Heavyweight Championship.
For the full lineup for the event, click here.
— WWE SummerSlam (@SummerSlam) July 21, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Riddick Moss Comments On WWE Release
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam Draws Highest Viewership Since February, Highest Demo Rating Since September 2022