The date on which rising star Nick Wayne will make his AEW in-ring debut has now been announced.
Wayne was offered a provisional AEW deal in February 2022. At the time, it was reported that the deal wouldn’t require any commitment from Wayne until he turned 18, while Wayne was still in school.
It has now been revealed that Wayne will wrestle on the July 12 edition of Dynamite, days after his 18th birthday. He is set to go one-on-one with Swerve Strickland.
This comes after the April 8 Defy Wrestling independent show, which saw Wayne defeat Strickland for the Defy Wrestling Championship.
After the bout, Strickland challenged Wayne to a rematch for the title, noting that Wayne’s first match in AEW will be against him.
The duo both have a win over each other, with Strickland defeating Wayne in February 2022, shortly after he was offered his WWE contract.
Strickland last wrestled for AEW on the March 3 edition of Dynamite, teaming with Parker Boudreaux in a losing effort against Dustin Rhodes & Keith Lee.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2023 using our tracker right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury