Sometimes the pressures of the wrestling business can catch up with you. Such was the case with IWGP Double Champion Kota Ibushi after the events of Wrestle Kingdom 15.
In a recent interview with njpw1972.com, Ibushi revealed that he was overcome with emotion following his climactic match on New Japan Pro Wrestling’s biggest stage. Here is the full quote:
“Hmm. On the 5th, or I guess it was the small hours of the 6th, 3,4 in the morning, I just randomly burst into tears. It just flooded me, I guess. Not happiness, something else. I just cried my eyes out for about two hours. There was a lot; how tough the matches were, keeping the belts, the fact we were just able to do the two nights in the Dome in the first place. It all caught up to me, all at once.”
Ibushi was able to capture the IWGP Heavyweight Championship from Tetsuya Naito on the first night of Wrestle Kingdom 15. It was the first time he had ever held the heavyweight title. Even more impressive, he had the longest match in Tokyo Dome history the following night against Jay White.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’