A New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) star has been ruled out of upcoming shows soon after the promotion announced it would be resuming operations.
The company revealed that Tiger Mask is out as he is recovering from colonic diveritculitis.
The NJPW website writes:
Tiger Mask will be absent from forthcoming New Japan Pro-Wrestling events as he recovers from colonic diverticulitis. We apologise to all fans who are looking forward to seeing Tiger Mask perform, and wish him well in his recovery.
New Japan’s first show back will be on June 15 with a card that won’t be announced until the show itself actually starts.
Also confirmed is the return of the New Japan Cup, which begins June 16 and culminates July 11, with the winner challenging Tetsuya Naito on the following day at Dominion on July 12 for both the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Titles.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn