More details have emerged on the original plans for the Hardys to compete in the tag team ladder match on the Wednesday’s (June 15) edition of AEW Dynamite.
In the main event of the show, the Young Bucks defeated Jurassic Express for the AEW Tag Team Championship in a ladder bout. The match was originally advertised as a three-way, with the Hardys pulled from the lineup after Jeff’s DUI arrest.
It later emerged that Jeff was due to have a brain scan ahead of Dynamite, following his head injury at Double or Nothing.
Following a previous note that there were plans to remove the Hardys from the match with a pre-bout attack segment, Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that Matt Hardy was actually slated to compete in the ladder match, with the plan to have Jeff written out of the match if he wasn’t medically cleared to compete.
During Saturday’s TripleMania XXX show, Matt Hardy teamed with Johnny ‘Hardy’ (fka John Morrison) to face Dragon Lee and Dralistico, in a bout that Jeff Hardy was originally scheduled to compete in.
Hardy has been suspended without pay, and can only return to AEW upon successfully completing treatment and maintaining his sobriety.
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- Former AEW Star Set To Return For February 24 Collision