The real reason WWE didn’t use Becky Lynch at this past April’s WrestleMania 37 event has now been revealed.
There had been plans in place for her and then rumors started circulating, but in the end she was nowhere to be seen on either night of the show.
As per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE made the decision not to use Becky Lynch because, for one, she had not signed a new contract with the company at the time.
Another reason noted was that she wasn’t quite ready to get back in the ring yet, and WWE didn’t want her to be back on TV too soon before that would be the case.
She has since signed a new contract and has been training in the ring at the Performance Center, so it seems like a return isn’t too far away now.
With WWE looking to stack the SummerSlam card, that seems like a decent bet for her return match, and if not then, the draft that happens later the same month is probably likely.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them