The real reason WWE didn’t use Becky Lynch at this past April’s WrestleMania 37 event has now been revealed.
There had been plans in place for her and then rumors started circulating, but in the end she was nowhere to be seen on either night of the show.
As per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE made the decision not to use Becky Lynch because, for one, she had not signed a new contract with the company at the time.
Another reason noted was that she wasn’t quite ready to get back in the ring yet, and WWE didn’t want her to be back on TV too soon before that would be the case.
She has since signed a new contract and has been training in the ring at the Performance Center, so it seems like a return isn’t too far away now.
With WWE looking to stack the SummerSlam card, that seems like a decent bet for her return match, and if not then, the draft that happens later the same month is probably likely.
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Major New Match Made For AEW WrestleDream 2023
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Will Ospreay Next AEW Feud Revealed?
- WWE Star Teases Alliance With Bobby Lashley After SmackDown