The real reason a WWE Raw star has been out of action recently, having not been seen for a couple of weeks now, has been revealed.
Someone who’s been absent from WWE recently is Johnny Gargano, who hasn’t been used since he beat Grayson Waller in a no DQ match at NXT Stand & Deliver on April 1.
He hasn’t been on TV since then, nor has he wrestled at any house shows after that either.
Fightful Select has now provided an update on the reason he’s been out.
According to Fightful, Johnny Gargano recently re-aggravated a shoulder injury that had already kept him sidelined for a lot of January.
He returned from that initial absence at Royal Rumble, but the injury reportedly got worse to the point he was effectively using one arm by the time he had the match with Grayson Waller a couple of weeks ago.
WWE is hoping Gargano won’t have to undergo surgery and the issue can be fixed just with physical therapy.
Some fans had speculated that Vince McMahon returning to a bigger role in creative was the reason Gargano had been out, but an interesting aside in the Fightful report is that back when Gargano left WWE in December 2021 before he returned a few months later, McMahon was “directly involved in communicating” to Gargano that he wanted Gargano to stay.
WRKD Wrestling had reported recently that there were discussions in WWE about reuniting DIY (Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) when Ciampa was back from his own injury.
We continue to send them both all the best as they recover.
— Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano) April 3, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan