While speaking on her own Oral Sessions podcast, Renee Paquette (formerly Renee Young) said that she and her husband Jon Moxley both left WWE at the “perfect time”.
“It’s scary. I mean, I keep saying… Jon and I were having a conversation the other day. I’m like, ‘Man, we got out at the perfect time.’ You know, Jon left a year, year and a half or so prior to me leaving. I left eight months ago, something like that, but to just like… I don’t know, we saw our own sort of future in the tea leaves about what we wanted to do just with our careers in general and were able to kind of pick and choose our own moments.”
Jon Moxley (formerly Dean Ambrose) left WWE when his contract expired in April 2019, going on to debut for AEW the following month. Renee Paquette stayed with WWE for another 16 months, leaving after SummerSlam 2020.
Many people expected Renee Paquette to follow her husband into AEW after she left WWE, but the former backstage interviewer has opted to host her own podcast instead of working for another company.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Io Shirai & Zoey Stark Expected To Return To NXT Soon