An update has emerged on Bobby Lashley, who is currently out of action with an injury.
Lashley reportedly suffered a legitimate shoulder injury during his match with Brock Lesnar at WWE Royal Rumble last month. Despite likely needing shoulder surgery, which would keep him out of the ring for four months, WWE continued to advertise the All Mighty for the February 19 WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match, and next Saturday’s Madison Square Garden live event.
Lashley was ultimately removed from the Elimination Chamber match before his entrance into the bout, with WWE claiming that he had undergone ‘concussion protocol’. WWE appears to have removed Lashley from the Madison Square Garden live event line-up, now just advertising that Lesnar is set to defend the WWE Championship, not naming an opponent.
Ringside News – which has had several backstage reports recently confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer – now reports that they were told that Lashley is trying to get medically cleared, “not only for MSG but for WrestleMania.”
The former WWE Champion recently underwent medical testing for his shoulder with WWE doctors in Birmingham, Alabama.
Earlier this week, WrestleVotes reported that plans for WrestleMania 38 in April are still ‘very fluid’, suggesting that WWE will be able to add Lashley to the card if he’s healthy enough to compete.
We will continue to provide updates on Bobby Lashley as they become available.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- WWE Star AJ Styles Used For Bizarre Colonoscopy Billboard
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022