There have reportedly been internal discussions to bring a top NXT act to the WWE main roster, with a notable omission.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), potential call-ups for Gunter and Marcel Barthel of Imperium have been discussed. It was noted that Fabian Aichner has not been considered for a move.
On Tuesday’s episode of NXT 2.0, Aichner walked out on Barthel during their match against the Creed Brothers. The duo lost the NXT Tag Team Championship at last week’s Stand & Deliver event.
Gunther also received his first singles loss of the year on Tuesday’s show, unsuccessfully challenging for Bron Breakker’s NXT Championship.
Per the report, the plan has been to bring Gunther to the main roster since he moved to the US. SmackDown has reportedly been the heavily discussed destination for the team.
We will continue to provide updates on the situation as they become available.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release