At Sunday’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view, Edge entered the men’s match at the #1 spot and outlasted 29 other WWE Superstars to become the first WWE Hall of Famer to win the Rumble match after being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer has seemingly suggested that it was Edge’s idea to win the Royal Rumble match after returning to WWE TV on the go-home episode of Raw:
“They were going to do an I Quit match at WrestleMania and Edge got this idea of coming back and wining the Royal Rumble, and maube winning the championship.”
If you use this transcription please credit WrestleTalk.com and link back to this page.
Meltzer explained that this is why we saw Randy Orton vs. Edge on Raw last night. The bout was previously planned for WrestleMania, but WWE instead had the pay off on Monday Night Raw as Edge has other plans for WrestleMania.
Speaking of Edge and WrestleMnaia, Dave Meltzer reported before Monday Night Raw last night that the current plan is for the WWE Hall of Famer to face Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship at WrestleMania in April.
What are your thoughts on the above story and Edge winning the Royal Rumble? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal