It’s being reported that a planned match for the WWE Fastlane pay-per-view is set to have big implications for WrestleMania.
It was reported by Bryan Alvarez that WWE is planning for a Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus Last Man Standing match at Fastlane on March 21, and WrestlingNews.co has now provided more information on that.
The site reports that the idea is for that match to determine who will challenge Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.
The report adds that, at the time of writing, the plan is for McIntyre to challenge Lashley, which seemed pretty clear ever since McIntyre dropped the title to The Miz at Elimination Chamber.
There have been conflicting reports about the status of the WrestleMania card and whether it’s finalized, but we do know the only matches officially confirmed so far are Roman Reigns defending the Universal Title against Edge, and Sasha Banks defending the SmackDown Women’s Title against Bianca Belair.
Despite Fastlane being next Sunday, the only matches official for that are Roman Reigns defending the Universal Title against Daniel Bryan, and Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler defending the Women’s Tag Team Title against Bianca Belair & Sasha Banks.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39