It was reported earlier in the week that WWE was planning to hold its second-ever Evolution pay-per-view event next month. The report notes that the show was planned for August 30.
Reports then circulated, stating that Tessa Blanchard would be debuting for WWE on the all-women show that was reportedly going to take place the weekend after SummerSlam.
Well, Ringside News is now reporting that while a show is scheduled for 08/30, it won’t be Evolution II. At this time, there is no word on what show WWE is going to be putting on that day.
“Ringside News has learned that August 30th will not be Evolution II. The company is planning a special event for August 30th, but it won’t be a female-exclusive event.
“We were explicitly told that the August 30th event isn’t planned to be Evolution II at the moment.”
Ringside News founder Steve Carrier then tweeted the following on the matter:
“There’s a lot of excitement going around about Evolution II. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT we’ve learned that August 30th is going to house a special event, but it won’t just be an all-female event.”
For the latest on what WWE has planned for the special event on August 30, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania