We have a new update on a WWE Raw star who reportedly picked up an injury on the March 9 episode of Raw this past Monday.
Dave Meltzer reports on Wrestling Observer Radio that Rezar of AOP suffered a torn right bicep in the main event on Monday’s Raw.
The match saw Rezar, Akam, Murphy and Seth Rollins take on the Street Profits and the Viking Raiders in an eight-man tag team match.
Rezar sustained the injury when catching a Montez Ford crossbody from the top rope. He caught the crossbody successfully but his bicep tore in the process.
The timetable for Rezar’s recovery is looking like a few months as it probably won’t need surgery. If it does need surgery, he’s looking at around six-eight months on the shelf.
It’ll be interesting to see how WWE uses Akam in the meantime, and whether they’ll keep him on TV as part of Seth Rollins’ group with Murphy.
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’