Reliable Twitter source WrestleVotes is reporting that WWE is trying to leave the Amway Center in over a month at the beginning of December, with various different venues being discussed over the weekend.
The report notes that WWE is trying to find a venue that meets various requirements that the company has. WrestleVotes notes that this might not be the easiest thing for Vince McMahon to find:
ThunderDome update: source states WWE is set to leave the Amway Center by the 1st of December. Arenas in North Carolina, Texas & Illinois were discussed over the weekend. WWE needs to find a spot where NO team plays + able to house the weight & power requirements of the setup.
A newer arena is preferred as the weight of the ThunderDome won’t work with older buildings. Also, a major travel hub is needed as talent will be flying in and out each week. Not the easiest combination of things to find.
Some have speculated that this could be to facilitate the return of fans at shows. However, WrestleVotes later responded to a fan saying that this is not the case. WWE is moving out of Orlando due to the restart of the NBA before the end of the year:
No. They are leaving Orlando as the NBA is starting back up prior to end of year.
Make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest on the plans WWE has to move out of the Amway Center and into a new location over the next couple of weeks.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Real Reason For Tay Conti AEW Name Change
- Athena Accuses Leila Grey Of Helping Her Sneak Up On Jade Cargill
- Jon Moxley Unimpressed By Return Of CM Punk
- NXT Star Causes Sasha Banks Controversy, CM Punk Returns To AEW, 14 New WWE Signings Revealed – News Bulletin – August 11, 2022
- Tony Khan Praises WWE’s ‘Better Shows’ Under Triple H
- Current Backstage Belief On Potential Bray Wyatt Return
- Potential Update On Likelihood Of Bray Wyatt Returning To WWE
- Does Warner Brothers Discovery Own 100+ WCW Themes?
- Major Planned Match For AEW All Out Revealed?