The wrestling world has been wishing the best to AEW star Rey Fenix, after he suffered a gruesome arm injury in the main event of last night’s (January 5) Dynamite show.
The main event saw Jurassic Express capture the AEW World Tag Team Championship from the Lucha Bros. Towards the end of the match, Fenix took an awkward landing on his arm from a Chokeslam through a table from Luchasaurus, and it appeared as if his arm was broken.
Fenix’s status has been updated today, with him reportedly suffering a badly dislocated elbow, but not suffering from any broken bones.
Fenix himself took to his social medias today to provide an update. He posted the message in both Spanish and English on his Instagram account, saying:
I want to thank each and every one of you for so much love, for your prayers, good vibes, for your messages. Thank you very much for being concerned about me.
I feel very blessed to have all of you. Fans, colleagues (Wrestlers) my friends and my family, Thank you very much.
I love this sport so much that it has changed my life and mine, that when I am in the ring or put on my mask, everything goes away. There are no fears, there are no problems, my heart beats perfectly, everything is fine, I feel alive.
What happened last night is one of the many risks that we wrestlers take before getting into a ring and doing what we love so much.
There is no fault, it is wrestling and these are the risks.
Today I can tell you that I feel better and that thank God, your prayers and good vibes THERE ARE NO BROKEN BONES.
You still have to visit the doctor a couple more times and do some studies, to have an exact diagnosis.
Thank you very much once again to all and congratulations to the champions, enjoy and defend those titles, because very soon I am back and those championships belong to the LUCHA BROTHERS. I respect!
Thank you all, I love you ❤️
We wish Fenix a full and complete recovery from his injury.
View this post on Instagram
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions