There were a lot of memorable moments from last night’s WrestleMania 39 night one, including the family drama between Dominik Mysterio and his father Rey Mysterio.
Dominik had an incredible entrance, being escorted out of prison by security guards to the ring, but it was Rey who arguably one upped his son.
Rey and Snoop Dogg came to the ring in a Low Rider to Snoop’s ‘Nothin’ but a G’, followed by Eddie Guerrero’s theme song.
Rey discussed the tribute to Eddie in the post-show press conference, explaining how much it meant to him to pay tribute to Eddie.
“You can only imagine [what it meant to me] I already had mixed emotions from the Hall of Fame the night before, and the rebirth of the LWO [during this week’s SmackDown on FOX.] Knowing that I had to fight my son, knowing that my wife and daughter were there, a lot of family members. And on top of that [was the Guerrero tribute.]
“To be able to ride with Snoop was legendary. ‘Nothin’ but a G’ is something I heard when I was a kid. When I was growing up, everybody heard that song. And then to mix it into Viva La Raza, the representation of the representor, the fullest representor of Hispanics: Eddie Guerrero. It’s incredible. I walked into that match very emotional, and a lot of my work tonight was in honor of Eddie Guerrero.”
Rey was then asked what it means to him to be looked at as inspiration for a lot of hispanic people around the world, to which he replied:
“Very important. Since day one, when I was given an opportunity to be part of WWE, I was representing Lucha Libre. Hispanics. Lucha Libre is part of our culture. And to be able to have Bad Bunny and Damian Priest, even though we’re rivals [is important.] and now, with the rebirth of the LWO, this is incredible. It’s opening up doors for more Hispanics.”
Rey Mysterio reformed the LWO (Latino World Order) with Legado Del Fantasma’s Santos Escobar, Joaquin Wilde, Cruz Del Toro and Zelina Vega on this week’s SmackDOwn.
Rey scored the victory over Dominik following an interference from Bad Bunny and the LWO, who fought off Damian Priest and Finn Balor of the Judgment Day.
WWE will hold Backlash in Puerto Rico next month, with Bad Bunny set to serve as the show’s host.
transcription via SEScoops
Rey Mysterio with the Eddie Guerrero tribute. Beautiful ❤️ #Wrestlemania pic.twitter.com/j4TrmeAkBF
— Wrestling Pics & Clips (@WrestleClips) April 2, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown