Since Rey Mysterio returned to WWE in October 2018, he has been used as little more than a veteran to help get younger guys over.
A very brief stint with the United States Championship notwithstanding, Rey has had very little of note to do, and his highlights are limited to some good matches with Andrade.
Dave Meltzer spoke about WWE’s misuse of Mysterio, who, despite being 44 years old, is still one of the greatest wrestlers on the planet.
Meltzer thinks there is a real risk that Rey will see out his contract until next October an immediately jump ship to AEW if things don’t improve.
“I mean if they’re gonna treat him like this they’ll die if he goes to AEW. I mean he’ll go there in a heartbeat and they won’t abuse him there because those guys love him. So it’s kinda like, what are you doing?”
Rey is one of WWE’s most valuable stars given his history in the company and his merchandise sales, so you’d think that any sniff of Rey jumping ship will be quickly stifled with a big m0ney offer and a sudden title shot.
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence