It was reported last week that Ric Flair was threatening WWE with legal action over the use of Becky Lynch’s “The Man” nickname; a nickname he believes belongs to him.
He has said in an interview with TMZ that he has no beef with Becky Lynch at all, and also that Charlotte Flair is pretty upset with him for starting the legal battle.
“Here’s the deal: I love Becky Lynch and no one has supported the women’s division more than me as an outsider. As a matter of fact, I’ve told the guys, and I would have texted Becky last night and Sasha but I’m sure Becky – I don’t know what the WWE’s spin has been to her, they stole it last night. It’s funny, my daughter is so mad at me cause I filed not even understanding it’s not with Becky. I have no beef with Becky.”
Despite all of this, PWInsider is reporting that Ric Flair will be at this week’s SmackDown Live tapings as he is taking part in a Q&A session with his daughter on Cricket Wireless, one of WWE’s sponsors.
— Cricket Wireless (@Cricketnation) September 13, 2019
So, start thinking of some questions. Woo.
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’
- WWE Star Makes Decision After Major ‘Bidding War’