Add another championship match to WWE SummerSlam as WWE have just announced a big match, shortly after SmackDown went off the air.
WWE has announced that there will be a WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship rematch at SummerSlam between Liv Morgan and Ronda Rousey.
Notably, Rousey lost the SmackDown Women’s Championship after Liv Morgan elected to cash in the Money in the Bank contract she won earlier in the evening in the titular match.
On tonight’s (July 8) edition of WWE SmackDown, Liv Morgan brought the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship back home to the blue brand for the first time since Money in the Bank but was eventually interrupted by Ronda Rousey and Natalya.
Later, Rousey and Natalya went on to have a match which was decided via submission when Natalya tapped out to Ronda Rousey.
Follow along with all the breaking news from WWE SmackDown, tonight and every week, by following WrestleTalk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!
It is official!
New #SmackDown Women's Champion @YaOnlyLivvOnce will defend her title against @RondaRousey at #SummerSlam!https://t.co/hoQdTNKI6U pic.twitter.com/rRppFnVGoL
— WWE (@WWE) July 9, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan
- New Theme Song For Top AEW Star