It has been revealed by WWE.com that the winners of season two of the Mixed Match Challenge will earn a huge reward – they will be the number 30 entrants in their respective Royal Rumble matches in January.
The finals of MMC season two will be contested at December’s TLC pay-per-view between one Raw team and one SmackDown Live team.
This new stipulation also comes with another bonus, an all-expenses paid vacation to anywhere in the world. I hope they choose Blackpool, because I’m an awful person.
Nonetheless, the reward has certainly made me pay slightly more attention to the tournament than I was previously, and it will be quite interesting to see how it plays out from here with the new implications.
The current standings for the Mixed Match Challenge are as follows:
- Monster Eclipse (Braun Strowman & Ember Moon) – 3-0
- Country Dominance (Bobby Lashley & Mickie James) – 3-0
- B’N’B (Finn Bálor & Bayley) – 2-2
- Mahalicia (Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox) – 0-3
- Team Pawz (Natalya & Bobby Roode) – 0-3
- Team Awe-ska (The Miz & Asuka) – 3-0
- Fenomenal Flair (AJ Styles & Charlotte Flair) – 3-0
- Day One Glow (Jimmy Uso & Naomi) – 2-2
- Fabulous Truth (R-Truth & Carmella) – 0-3
- Ravishing Rusev Day (Rusev & Lana) – 0-3
You can watch the Mixed Match Challenge live on Facebook Watch every Tuesday straight after SmackDown Live.