Sami Zayn may now be officially an Honorary Uce but the former ‘Underdog from the Underground’ is getting high praise from one legend.
Sami Zayn’s weekly storyline with the Bloodline has become can’t miss in WWE, however even before he was doing exceptional work.
So much so that one legend has taken notice and has no problem naming Zayn as the top performer in the industry at this minute.
On a recent edition of the After the Bell podcast, Shane Helms had high praise for the Honorary Uce.
Helms saying of Zayn:
“Sami [Zayn] is right now, and I have no problem saying this, Sami is the top performer in this entire industry. That’s how good Sami is. It’s daunting sometimes, Sami has a reputation you know. He’ll drive you bananas, but the end result is always a home run or grand slam.
“[His WrestleMania match with Johnny Knoxville] was definitely a grand slam. He was the perfect guy for that. His personality and Johnny’s, they were so [compatible] to each other, using all the members of all the Jackass crew and all of the gadgets.
“It all came together like so crazy and just a lot of creativity from everybody involved. It was just a massive team effort.”
Sami Zayn continues his exceptional run on WWE SmackDown where he is set to tag team with another recent addition to the Bloodline, Solo Sikoa.
WWE SmackDown airs Fridays at 8pm EST on FOX.
Transcription via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Major Change To AEW Revolution Match Update
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Legendary Name Spotted Backstage At AEW Dynamite
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests