Former Raw and NXT Women’s Champion Sasha Banks was noticeably absent from the women’s Royal Rumble match. However, it was reported that she was actually supposed to be part of the bout but was replaced at the last minute by Kelly Kelly.
In the days following the Royal Rumble pay-per-view it was reported that Banks was replaced by Kelly Kelly because of an unknown injury she had suffered. There was no word on how long she is expected to be out for.
Speaking on Corey Graves’ After The Bell podcast, “The Boss” Sasha Banks has revealed that an ankle injury has left her “barely” able to walk:
“If you guys watched Friday night SmackDown a couple of weeks ago, the evil un-role model, terrible mother Lacey Evans tripped me backstage, and she hurt my ankle.
“I can barely walk ok. It’s terrible. I’m a person that always wants to be 125%, and right now, I’m just at 100%. You guys just have to wait,” Banks said. “It’s unacceptable. I’m at 100%. I need to be at 120%. I’m taking my time so that I can be bigger and better than ever.”
It was reported several weeks ago that WWE wants to have Bayley defend her SmackDown Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 36 against her best friend Sasha Banks.
Whether Sasha Banks will even be able to make it to the show remains to be seen as “The Boss” has provided no timetable for her return. For the latest updates on this story, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler
- Roman Reigns 1000-Day Celebration SmackDown Draws Incredible Viewership Numbers