A number of WWE stars made their returns to TV on tonight’s episode of SmackDown after being out injured for lengthy periods of time.
The first two men back were Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods of New Day who appeared in a backstage interview with teammate Big E after he had beaten Sheamus in a falls count anywhere match.
Woods had been out since late 2019 due to an achilles injury. Kingston had been off TV since July just to make way for the start of a Big E singles run.
They were both cleared to return to in-ring competition as they defeated Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship tonight. Kingston & Woods were drafted to Raw, but Big E to SmackDown.
The next return was that of Lars Sullivan who had been out since June 2019 due to knee surgery. He attacked Matt Riddle and Jeff Hardy after they’d beaten Miz & Morrison in a tag match.
It was announced that Sullivan had been added to the draft pool for Monday’s episode of Raw.
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title