The backstage altercation between Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair has been the biggest news in the world of wrestling this weekend, after the title exchange segment at the end of last week’s (October 22) SmackDown.
The segment saw Charlotte Flair drop the Raw Women’s Championship on the ground, before Sonya Deville told Charlotte to pick it up, in a moment that was seen as Flair trying to ‘get one up’ over Becky.
PWInsider today provided an update on the situation, stating that the altercation between the two happened in Gorilla Position, right in front of Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard, but Lynch wasn’t the only one mad at Flair. Sources told PWInsider described Sonya Deville as ‘mad enough to want to fight Flair’, and also having an argument with Charlotte backstage at SmackDown.
WWE escorted Flair out of the arena after the altercation with Lynch, which some close to her have pointed to as a sign of disrespect given her family legacy and importance to SmackDown going forward. One talent who was in the building, but did not see the altercation, said that they believed the company did the right thing as it was WWE’s way of defusing the situation.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- AEW Rampage Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Pat McAfee Challenges Happy Corbin To SummerSlam Match
- Amanda Huber Shares Heartbreaking Story Behind An Infamous Brodie Lee Pic
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- Viking Raiders Return As Heels With New Look On WWE SmackDown
- Lio Rush Provides Update On Shoulder Injury & Return Plans (Exclusive)
- Kenny Omega On Whether He Thought Forbidden Door Would Actually Happen
- AEW’s Jungle Boy Out With An Injury