WWE and the Boston Globe has announced that the TD Garden in Boston will host the 2020 edition of SummerSlam.
“We are thrilled to bring WWE’s biggest event of the summer to Boston in 2020,” said WWE Executive VP of Special Events John P. Saboor. “We are grateful to Mayor Walsh, Governor Baker and our partners at TD Garden and look forward to working with them to welcome the world to one of America’s great sports and entertainment cities.
“SummerSlam week in Boston will provide a powerful opportunity to match one of the most iconic sports and entertainment events with one of the world’s most beloved sports and entertainment cities,” Saboor stated.
WWE has also announced the following events will also take place in the TD Garden over SummerSlam weekend.
Friday, Aug. 21 – SmackDown LIVE
Saturday, Aug. 22 – NXT TakeOver
Sunday, Aug. 23 – SummerSlam
Monday, Aug. 24 – Monday Night Raw
This will be Boston’s first SummerSlam since 2006, and Mayor Martin J Walsh spoke of his excitement at the announcement.
“On behalf of the City of Boston, we are excited to once again host WWE SummerSlam at TD Garden,” he said. “SummerSlam attracts fans from all across the world, and we are excited to welcome them all to our city for this hallmark WWE event.”
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn