The Rock has thrown his hat into the ring to be the next James Bond, following Daniel Craig’s final appearance as the character in the recent ‘No Time To Die’ movie.
The Rock (real name Dwayne Johnson, in case you were not aware) spoke to Esquire, where he spoke about his grandfather, Peter Maivia, playing a villain in the 1967 Bond flick ‘You Only Live Twice’. When Johnson spoke about potentially appearing in a Bond film, he said:
“I would like to follow in his footsteps and be the next Bond. I don’t want to be a villain. You gotta be Bond.”
Maivia is not the only former wrestler to play a villain in a Bond movie, as Dave Bautista tried to kill 007 in 2015’s ‘Spectre’.
The Rock celebrates 25 years since his WWE debut back at Survivor Series 1996 tonight (November 21), with WWE hosting this year’s version of the event in the Barclay’s Center.
Johnson’s cousin, current WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns, was recently asked about whether or not The Rock will be in attendance at the event.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines