The Rock has thrown his hat into the ring to be the next James Bond, following Daniel Craig’s final appearance as the character in the recent ‘No Time To Die’ movie.
The Rock (real name Dwayne Johnson, in case you were not aware) spoke to Esquire, where he spoke about his grandfather, Peter Maivia, playing a villain in the 1967 Bond flick ‘You Only Live Twice’. When Johnson spoke about potentially appearing in a Bond film, he said:
“I would like to follow in his footsteps and be the next Bond. I don’t want to be a villain. You gotta be Bond.”
Maivia is not the only former wrestler to play a villain in a Bond movie, as Dave Bautista tried to kill 007 in 2015’s ‘Spectre’.
The Rock celebrates 25 years since his WWE debut back at Survivor Series 1996 tonight (November 21), with WWE hosting this year’s version of the event in the Barclay’s Center.
Johnson’s cousin, current WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns, was recently asked about whether or not The Rock will be in attendance at the event.
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- NXT Stars Make WWE Main Roster Debuts At Raw
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble