Thunder Rosa has issued a statement after an announcement on tonight’s AEW Dynamite regarding the AEW Women’s World title.
On tonight’s edition of AEW Dynamite (November 23) there was a major announcement about the future of the AEW Women’s World Championship and now Thunder Rosa has responded.
Taking to her Twitter account to share her statement after the announcement was delivered on television, Thunder Rosa wrote:
“Thank you #ThunderArmy for all the support and @aew for being there for me. Dream-like moments happened in this run, and this is not how I wanted to lose the championship, but you deserve a present champion; on to the next chapter.”
In addition to the announcement regarding Jamie Hayter’s reign becoming officially recognized as undisputed, a note regarding Toni Storm’s reign as an ‘interim’ champion.
According to Excalibur on commentary, Tony Khan had just informed him that because Thunder Rosa relinquished the title, the title would be retroactively vacated thereby recognizing Toni Storm as an official AEW Women’s World Champion as well.
You can keep up with all the news from tonight’s AEW Dynamite by clicking here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future