Thunder Rosa has issued a statement after an announcement on tonight’s AEW Dynamite regarding the AEW Women’s World title.
On tonight’s edition of AEW Dynamite (November 23) there was a major announcement about the future of the AEW Women’s World Championship and now Thunder Rosa has responded.
Taking to her Twitter account to share her statement after the announcement was delivered on television, Thunder Rosa wrote:
“Thank you #ThunderArmy for all the support and @aew for being there for me. Dream-like moments happened in this run, and this is not how I wanted to lose the championship, but you deserve a present champion; on to the next chapter.”
In addition to the announcement regarding Jamie Hayter’s reign becoming officially recognized as undisputed, a note regarding Toni Storm’s reign as an ‘interim’ champion.
According to Excalibur on commentary, Tony Khan had just informed him that because Thunder Rosa relinquished the title, the title would be retroactively vacated thereby recognizing Toni Storm as an official AEW Women’s World Champion as well.
You can keep up with all the news from tonight’s AEW Dynamite by clicking here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Official ROH Roster Listing Revealed
- Report: AEW Sources Claim William Regal Locker Room Rumors Are ‘Complete Bulls**t’
- Former AEW Star Currently At WWE Tryout
- AEW Rampage Disaster For December 2 Episode
- WWE Star Finally Undergoing Major Character Change?
- Sasha Banks Update Amid Wrestling Return Rumors
- Injured WWE Star ‘Wanted To Wrestle’, Still Pulled From Match
- Sasha Banks Drops Latest Major Wrestling Return Tease
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- Naomi Spotted With Top AEW Star Amid Return Rumors