A championship match officially confirmed during yesterday’s episode of NXT UK on the WWE Network for next week’s edition of the show.
NXT Cruisweight Champion Jordan Devlin will be holding an open challenge for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship.
Devlin won the Cruiserweight Title at Worlds Collide in January, winning a four-way featuring Isaiah Scott, Travis Banks, and then-champion Angel Garza.
However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he’s been unable to defend it, so NXT put on a tournament to crown a new champion, even though Devlin never relinquished his.
This means that both Santos Escobar and Jordan Devlin are currently Cruiserweight Champions, so when the opportunity presents itself, there’s almost definitely going to be a match between the two (or whoever has either title at that point) to decide the ‘rightful’ champion.
- Real Reason For Tay Conti AEW Name Change
- Athena Accuses Leila Grey Of Helping Her Sneak Up On Jade Cargill
- Current Backstage Belief On Potential Bray Wyatt Return
- NXT Star Causes Sasha Banks Controversy, CM Punk Returns To AEW, 14 New WWE Signings Revealed – News Bulletin – August 11, 2022
- Tony Khan Praises WWE’s ‘Better Shows’ Under Triple H
- Potential Update On Likelihood Of Bray Wyatt Returning To WWE
- Major Planned Match For AEW All Out Revealed?
- Report: Vince McMahon Would Shout ‘Derogatory Things’ At Bray Wyatt About His Physique
- Potential Spoiler On Cody Rhodes WWE Return
- More Details On Kris Statlander Injury