AEW President Tony Khan has discussed his approach to booking long-term storylines.
Speaking with PWTorch, Khan pointed out that plans can change quickly, using Jon Moxley’s 2020 AEW World Championship reign as an example. Noting that he sticks to his guns around 2 out of 3 times, Khan said:
“(Previous plans) have changed. A lot of the plans I had when Jon Moxley beat Chris Jericho, we did do a lot of the things I wanted to do but a lot of the things were not possible because the pandemic hit.”
“I do have plans, you never know how they are going to change. I do have a lot of plans. Kenny is on one of the great runs and I’m not so sure we’re ready to see it end but on the other hand, Hangman is ready and there are a lot of fans behind him.”
(When asked how often he sticks to plans) “It’s probably 2 out of 3 times. 1 out of 3 times something changes, it’s not what you expected, somebody gets sick, and then you put a replacement in and then that starts going well and you move in another direction. So, I would say it’s probably about 2 out of 3 times if I draw stuff up and map stuff up.”
At Full Gear, Kenny Omega defends his AEW World Championship against Hangman Page. Bryan Danielson is also set to face Miro in the finals of the AEW World Championship Eliminator tournament, With Miro advancing after replacing Jon Moxley in the semi-finals.
Quotes via SEScoops.
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- MJF Calls Top WWE Star ‘Salt Of The Earth’
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Top WWE Star Details Getting Backstage Heat For ‘Nothing They Did’
- AEW Star Says They Had No Idea About Major AEW Moment
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode