AEW President Tony Khan has addressed criticism about how the Elite are being used for All In London at Wembley Stadium.
With the August 27 event breaking records for most paid ticket sales in wrestling ever, many fans expected Kenny Omega to be featured in a high profile singles match.
Instead, Omega is set to team with Hangman Page and Kota Ibushi to battle Jay White, Juice Robinson and Konosuke Takeshita.
Many fans have criticised this match-up, arguing that the wrestlers on the Elite side should have bigger roles on the show.
Speaking during Tuesday’s All In media call, Tony Khan noted that he has been amused about people asking why the Elite will be in trios action, pointing out that The Elite headlined the first All In event in a trios match.
Tony Khan was referencing the main event of All In 2018, which saw Ibushi team with the Young Bucks to defeat Bandido, Rey Fénix, and Rey Mysterio.
Kenny Omega and Hangman Page both notably had singles matches at this event, with Omega defeating Penta El Zero, and Page besting Joey Janela in a street fight.
Check out the announced card for AEW All In right here.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Popular AEW Star Stepping Away From Indie Wrestling
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE