Back in April, Warnermedia and Discovery officially completed a billion dollar company merger, officially forming Warner Bros Discovery.
Fans have wondered how the merger would effect AEW, which airs on Warnermedia stations, especially when news came out that several Warner executives who were strong advocates for AEW had departed following the merger.
AEW president Tony Khan was recently asked about where AEW stands following the merger on the Sports Media podcast, where he spoke about executives from Warner Bros Discovery coming to the show at The Forum in Los Angeles next month.
“We’re at The Forum (in Los Angeles) next week [June 1] and I’m really honored and it’s a great privilege for us because a lot of the top executives from Warner Brothers/Discovery are going to be at The Forum. We have a sold out show, a ton of fans coming. We’ve opened up more seats. It’s one of our biggest crowds in one of the biggest sports markets in the world and some of the greatest wrestling fans. It means a lot personally for me to be in The Forum to begin with, but I can’t tell you what it means that a lot of top executives from Warner Brothers Discovery are not only coming to the show, but they’re throwing a great event for us afterward in The Forum. Just to have their presence to begin with, it means so much they would come to the show, but also a lot of the top executives in the Warner Brothers Discovery family are going to have an event with us with a lot of people in AEW. We’re going to hang out and that means the world to us, getting to know each other better. They’ve been so supportive and great coming in. It means so much to us to be working with the largest producer of content now after this great merger and running such an efficient ship. To be a part of it, putting up numbers, working hard, showing up every week,”
AEW’s show at The Forum will mark the company’s first trip to California since it launched in 2019, and will serve as the first episode of Dynamite following this Sunday’s Double or Nothing pay-per-view.
transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return