AEW President Tony Khan is a man who wears many different hats. Whilst he serves as the owner and president of All Elite Wrestling, Khan also acts as the co-owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Director of Football for Fulham Football Club.
AEW originally planned for last year’s AEW Fyter Fest show to take place in the United Kingdom, but the pandemic forced them to hold it in Daily’s Place instead. AEW however is still hoping to bring shows to the UK in the near future.
Speaking with Wrestling Observer Radio, Khan revealed that he hopes to bring AEW to the UK at Craven Cottage, the home of Fulham Football Club. Khan said:
“I can’t announce exact dates but I will say for the first time I think I’ve ever said it officially. To give you guys a big scoop on it. I want to bring AEW to Craven Cottage, very much so. Craven Cottage is very special to me. We put a lot into the development, the redevelopment of the Riverside Stand and the new Craven Cottage with all of the new amenities and facilities and the beautiful additions I think would be the best home in England possible for AEW.”
This wouldn’t be the first time that Khan will have used his other sporting venues for AEW shows, as the promotion has held two Stadium Stampede matches from TIAA Bank Field, home of the Jaguars.
transcription via BodySlam.net
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed