New Japan Pro Wrestling star Kazuchika Okada recently spoke about the importance of chasing your dreams in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Okada recently sat down with Wrestling Observer Radio, where he spoke about wanting to chase his ‘wild dreams’ with dream matches. Okada named AEW’s Bryan Danielson and CM Punk as dream opponents, but also WWE Hall of Famer Triple H.
“So, I mean, really, we can’t possibly say it at the moment and everything is so up in the air and sometimes putting these situations out they might just end as dream matches and everybody’s got a limited number of days left. But it’s because we’re in the situation that we’re in that these dream matches become more important to all of us as fans, to give something to imagine and speculate and look forward to. So, who knows, it might be Bryan Danielson, it might be CM Punk, it might be Triple H, or it might be Shinsuke Nakamura. It might be all of these different situations. Now we’re in this situation we’re in as a planet and as a society it’s more important than ever to have these crazy speculations and wild dreams of things we can do.”
Both Danielson and Punk have been public about their desire to open the ‘Forbidden Door’ to step into the ring with Okada, and is it any wonder why?
Triple H has not wrestled since the 2019 Super Showdown event, where he was defeated by Randy Orton.
transcription via Fightful
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Update On Another Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW