Last night on Friday Night SmackDown, Roman Reigns challenged Goldberg to a match. The bout for the Universal Championship was then confirmed for WrestleMania.
This comes after Goldberg defeated The Fiend at Super ShowDown. It had been reported for months that Roman would be challenging The Fiend at WrestleMania. However, Vince changed his mind.
Despite the match being on SmackDown, it has been reported that a top Raw official is going to play a major role in the marquee championship match.
Reliable Twitter source WrestleVotes is reporting that Paul Heyman is going to have an influence on the storyline for the Roman Reigns and Goldberg storyline. This is due to Heyman’s relationship with both men.
Although the match is on the SmackDown side of the card, Paul Heyman will have some influence on the build & storyline for the Goldberg vs Roman Reigns Universal Title matchup at WrestleMania. Heyman shares very strong relationships with both, especially Goldberg.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) February 29, 2020
This is certainly a good sign. Raw has been significantly better with Paul Heyman as Executive Director, so hopefully this Roman Reigns and Goldberg will be better than many of the boring storylines on SmackDown right now.
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?