Earlier on this week, it was reported that WWE higher-ups had been in contact with Enzo Amore and Big Cass about returning to the company and working in NXT once again.
However, it was quickly reported by Dave Meltzer that this wasn’t the case, and the company were not interested in bringing the former stars back.
A 30 minute sit down with Triple H and yes, it’s a serious career highlight.
“I immediately told our PR to shoot down the Enzo and Cass rumours. Absolutely zero interest. Congratulations to Enzo, I’m sure spreading rumours is working well for him but I want no part of it.” pic.twitter.com/hQ266NdEf8
— Alex McCarthy (@AlexM_talkSPORT) August 31, 2019
Triple H said that upon hearing the report, he spoke to WWE’s PR team and told them to “shoot down” the rumours.
HHH then accused Enzo on “spreading rumours”, but said he wants “no part of it”.
So based on what Triple H has said, it definitely does not seem as if we will be seeing Enzo and Cass facing the Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Team Championships anytime soon.